Root Canal - Endodontist in Cockfosters
Root Canal Treatment: Costs, Procedure Steps & Aftercare
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
Endodontics, often known as root canal treatment, is a dental technique used to treat infections in the tooth’s pulp. An expert Endodontist in Cockfosters performs the root canal operation at The Smile Studios. The procedure is not painful and can save a tooth from extraction.
When is a Root Canal Procedure Necessary?
When dental X-rays reveal that the pulp has been harmed by a bacterial infection, root canal therapy is required. This may occur as a result of tooth decay, leaking fillings, or injury-related tooth damage.
Often when the pulp is contaminated with bacteria, it frequently swells up, allowing the germs to grow and spread. Ignoring it might ultimately result in an abscess. Discomfort when eating or drinking hot or cold food and drink, pain when biting or chewing, and a loose tooth are classic signs of a pulp infection.
The pulp in the root canal of your tooth cannot heal on its own if it is infected. It can get worse if you left the affected tooth untreated in your mouth. Therefore, it’s crucial to visit our dentist in Cockfosters if you experience tooth pain.
What is the cost of Root Canal Treatment in Cockfosters?
The cost of root canal treatment in Cockfosters varies depending on the individual needs. A single root canal costs approximately £400 including x-rays. For the cost of multiple tooth root canal treatments, please call us today.
What are the Stages of Root Canal Therapy in Cockfosters?
- You’ll often receive a local anaesthetic to numb the affected tooth and gums around it prior to receiving a root canal treatment.
- To keep the region dry and prevent ingestion of the chemicals the dentist uses a rubber sheet wrapped around the tooth.
- To reach the inner pulp, a tiny hole will be drilled at the top of your tooth.
- The cleaning procedure will begin, and the contaminated pulp from the root will be eliminated. This will alleviate your jaw ache.
- A temporary filling will be filled and left to settle until the next visit.
- The dentist will check the tooth for infection signs at this visit and place a permanent filling. Sealing a tooth with permanent fillings will prevent the tooth from reinfection.
- Finally, a dental crown or cap composed of porcelain, ceramic, or metal will be fitted over the tooth to prevent the tooth from fracturing and strengthen it.
Root canal treatment is very successful at saving the infected tooth. The tooth can live up to 8 to 10 years after receiving a root canal, depending on a variety of factors.
Root Canal Treatment – Aftercare Tips
You can prevent the need for re-root canal treatment and increase the life of the tooth by:
- Maintaining good oral hygiene and using fluoride toothpaste on a regular basis
- Limiting your intake of sugary foods
- Quitting smoking if you currently are
- See your dentist for regular check-ups
Root canal treatment is usually successful, however, if the infection happens again, a re-root canal treatment will be needed.
For root canal treatment in Cockfosters, please call our team at 020 8449 6858 to book an appointment with our Endodontist at The Smile Studios.